The New & Improved Book of CC

Thoughts and observations from Maine.

More About Me...

College student, writer, photographer in Auburn, Maine.

Show some love...

Another day, another ER visit

PLEASE DO NOT USE GLOVES AS BALLOONS.
CHILDREN CAN CHOKE ON THEM.

-- sign on wall of exam room

I had such a miserable night last night. Around 3am, I was awakened by my ibuprofen buzz wearing off.

BAM! The pain just started with no warning.

My cheekbones and forehead and nose hurt so bad, I was crying like a baby waiting for the next dose to kick in. Crying too hard to even do those white light healing visualization exercises.

In the morning, I tried to get into a clinic Matt's family swears by. Unfortunately, no new patient appointments available for at least 1-2 weeks.

So this afternoon I went to the ER again... but this time at the other hospital in town.

As you may recall from my last post, the PA at the first hospital told me I was just suffering from allergies, nothing that required antibiotics or anything.

A funny thing happened on my way to my death bed.

I was absolutely right in seeking a second opinion.

In about 30 seconds upon being looked at, it was determined I have cellulitis in my nose. This is a dangerous infection that can easily spread to the brain if not caught quickly.

Within minutes, a nurse was tapping at my veins and poking a needle in my hand. They gave me an IV dose of Rocephin... and a prescription for Cephalexin.

I have to go back tomorrow for a follow-up.

At least this time my prescription was only four bucks at Wal-Mart.

4 comments:

  1. The Cult of Personnel-ity said...
     

    You should not have to pay for the first ER visit. That's ridiculous.

  2. Dolly said...
     

    Damn! That sucks. I would write to the first hospital and tell them why you're not paying for their misdiagnosis: the additional suffering they caused you and the danger they put you in by f*cking up.

  3. CC said...
     

    They're not getting a penny.

  4. Heezy said...
     

    Good!! So glad to see you won't be paying them!!

Post a Comment