The New & Improved Book of CC

Thoughts and observations from Maine.

More About Me...

College student, writer, photographer in Auburn, Maine.

Show some love...

Recovery

I've been on heavy-duty antibiotics since Wednesday, and feeling a little better every day.

Misha introduced me to the amazing Neti pot. This is one of the wonders of Ayurvedic medicine, a technique for cleansing and irrigating the nasal passages and sinuses.

It's possibly the only yoga practice that involves nearly drowning yourself.



It took me a while to get the hang of it-- the sensation of warm, salty post nasal drip is gross-- but once I did... WOW! I felt fantastic.

Highly recommended to anyone with sinus/allergy/dust problems.

3 comments:

  1. Bellesouth said...
     

    I have a saline bottle from Neilmed. Not quite the Neti pot, but it's the same principle.

    Remember when we used to laugh at these things? no way now.

  2. Misha said...
     

    About this time last year, I wrote a blog about how a guy named Skid recommended the Neti Pot to me. I used the same video, I think!

    HA! It's "Pay It Forward- The Neti Pot Edition"

    Glad it is helping. I am using mine like crazy right now. I have no voice and a big 'ol red nose with a sore. When I was putting antibiotic ointment on it this morning, I though of you.

  3. CC said...
     

    Eleanor-- does yours deliver warm, soothing saline? That made the difference for me. :)

    Misha-- I probably should have taken pictures of my big red clown nose to document the malpractice suit. Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for all your advice. :)

Post a Comment