The New & Improved Book of CC

Thoughts and observations from Maine.

More About Me...

College student, writer, photographer in Auburn, Maine.

Show some love...

Caution: Hot Stuff

As far as I'm concerned, hot sauce is the very foundation of the food pyramid.

My personal food pyramid is surrounded by a fiery moat of hot pepper sauce, accessed via a celery stick drawbridge.

There are very few edible objects that are not improved greatly by a few liberal shakes of the molten pepper juice. I think most spicy-food lovers would agree.

Apparently, the folks who distill the capsaicin elixir known as "Frank's Red-Hot" understand this. They understand the psychology. They are appealing to the fiery passion their product inspires in their customers.

While perusing the Sunday newspaper, I came across this ad (accompanied by a coupon for a FREE bottle of the Red-Hot).




I ask you this. Is that saucy little splatter in the tagline just a clever design element?

Or is there an implied expletive? As in, "I put that shit on everything!"

If a love for spicy food indicates a spicy personality-- and a tendency towards spicy language-- then this is a brilliant piece of marketing.

Bravo, Frank! Please carry on with your noble mission of charring my tastebuds and raping my sinuses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment